Monday, December 15, 2008

perhaps he was the last...

Perhaps he was the last
Perhaps that is the answer to the question you once asked me
Is it heartbreaking ?
Yes.
Stunning ?
No.
And now you want me to help you understand
But I don't anymore
This is not of my own making
And time seems to be too short
To wonder
There is always something in there somewhere
And you helped me to find it
So this then is a thanks
No you aren't fooling yourself
And though I wish it now
You aren't losing yourself
And where do you want to go
With things being the way they seem
There is no space left for two
Only one
And that one is me
It was before you
and it has been since
I don't want to go anywhere
I want to stay with me
Keep an eye on me
In case I try to run away

2 comments:

  1. A reflective and calm acceptance to the poem. I especially like the last 9 lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JCN - thank you. i appreciate your thoughtful comments.

    ReplyDelete