Wednesday, December 17, 2008

i have too many memories...

another one thats been around for a while
dusted it off
and here it is.


******************************

I have too many memories
So life hasn’t just begun
And I don’t have much hope
And dreams don’t beckon as they once did
So my prime must have passed
this then must be the end
And as such some things need to be said
There are pictures on the wall
Dried flowers in a vase
And books lying around everywhere
In all honesty,
I must say
That this is exactly how I thought it might look
I did not, however, anticipate it being so soon
No matter
The pages are torn and taped
The edges are frayed
Validation has much less worth to me in this sunset
I have come to learn
No, to understand
That love means acceptance
Not necessarily understanding
Although this is a pleasant effect
And I have more accepting
Less excepting
Less anticipation
And more presence
Perhaps less than a ripple in the sense of a collective
But at this juncture a rite of passage

******************************************

9 comments:

  1. This is an excellent poem and echoes my own recent feelings of my own mortality / aging - even though I'm relatively young.
    I think - how did I end up here? Is this the outcome I intended? What else could I want? What else do I want? What is important to me?
    Yet those books with frayed edges continue to gaze mockingly at me.
    (My first comment! I've been reading since the beginning.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow dude, i cannot seem to find the words here!!

    Your writing calls to me, and i feel things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sunflower - welcome. and thank you for your kind words. you'll write your own book. with time.

    michelle - always a treat to see your comments.

    JCN - thank you so much. your comments mean a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is my favorite part:

    That love means acceptance
    Not necessarily understanding

    how very, very true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, sorry but i had to share, my word verify was: nutbreth! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. CK - nutbreth....nice.... y'know, i have never been accused of that myself.
    thanks for the comment. acceptance. thats pretty much the final word on everythng, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i plead the fifth on being called nutbreth. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL - thank you

    CK - no further questions your honour.

    ReplyDelete