Friday, December 12, 2008

in the beginning....

so this is it.
i need to do this. so i dont keep thinking about what might've been
i'm just gonna start and see where it goes.
hopefully i wont hear much in the way of crickets chirping...

this is not anything i've written recently
i just want to get this started already
a little impatient. i know.

without further ado, my first offerning....


**************************************
i remember
the way you looked in the morning
after a night
and now it will end
i am changing roles
tonight is the changing of the guard
i am done my shift
too early
but done nevertheless
its not working for me
these supposed reasons
excuses
for you
it is
for me
it is rather confusing
looking through a clear window
the separation not apparent
until i reach out to touch you
and feel cold glass
where once there was a warm embrace
little noises scare me
toward the end i was alone with you
i am alone
now
without you
given the choice
i would choose alone with you
because this alone
is no place to be
without you

*********************************

7 comments:

  1. Wow, this poem is amazing!!

    I completely feel your aloneness!! But, i hope your not alone!!

    Does that make sense??

    Your an amazing writer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this makes me melancholy. it makes me think it should be set to music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had some totally eccentric words to describe this, but I don't because I'm not smart like that. But, I will say, that I haven't read anything that moving in awhile. I remember those days.. I thought I had forgotten them, but you just reminded me. It seemed like they would never end. But they did, and now...well, sometimes it's the same, but in a different way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! My favorite part is the last three lines!

    ReplyDelete
  5. michelle - thank you very much. really.

    j cosmo - its the only way i know how.

    CK - i think more of my writing is along those lines. hope it doesnt bum you out too much...

    janah - your comment was really appreciated. its an ebb and flow. i dont know what to say. sometimes i can say the things i want to and sometimes they just seem to be stuck.


    wow. i am really humbled and grateful that all of you had such nice things to say....

    ReplyDelete
  6. cinnamon - sorry i missed you in the last comment. yes. the last lines usually end up being my best ones. i dont know why it works out that way. but it does very often. thank you for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete